Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Strange Note IV Recap + News!


Lots of fun was had at the last installment of Strange Notes despite me having a rather horrendous flu.  Did my thing until midnight, after which my main man "Big Ben" Needham took over, playing punk, hard rock and glam.  So basically half a night of Strange Notes was had by all present...next month I'll be back to usual with a full night of my usual.

June 14th Highlights:

The Idle Race- Hurry Up John
The Move- The Preacher
Tim Buckley- Pleasant Street
The Great Society- Grimly Forming
Josefus- Gimme Shelter
Elyse- Iron Works
The Byrds- Space Odyssey

In the news: Next month, I'll be guest DJing with Christian Hamilton of CIUT's long-running Dementia 13 at Signals from Earth-- a night of space age psych and rock at Margret in the Junction, as well as doing my regular night at the Embassy on Thursday, July 12th.

On the horizon: Strange Notes Radio.  More info on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment